Join Our Team
LIKE-MINDED CREATIVE MINDS, UNITE
We're always looking for good people to join our merry band. We like to think we're fun to work with – there are always good jokes, great tunes, and the Topo Chico is always flowing. If you feel so moved, send your resume, portfolio link, and letter of interest our way.
But do kindly note: While we love to teach, we're not currently available for shadowing. If you're a student (or considering a career change), send specific questions our way, and we'll point you in the right direction!
Here are positions that we're currently looking to fill:
Are you an experienced designer who's pumped to create amazing spaces? Are you fueled by design challenges and sometimes-unconventional collaboration? This might be just the thing for you.
Duties will include:
- Working with our team to create cohesive, unique, responsible, and thoughtful spaces
- Shepherding design projects from concept to completion
- Creating comprehensive plans + models using AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit
- Designing custom furniture and lighting
- Working with contractors / craftspeople to realize custom designs
- Making furniture, fixture, equipment, and finish selections
- Maintaining relationships with clients, vendors, contractors, and craftspeople
- Mentoring junior team members
- Creating and maintaining well-designed project budgets and spec books
- Maintaining organized client files
Skills + Qualifications
- 5+ years in an interior design or architecture environment
- Proven experience on both commercial and residential projects
- Formal degree in interior design or architecture
- Expert-level AutoCAD user + working knowledge of Revit
- Able to create beautiful client presentations using SketchUp, Adobe CS, and hand drawing as tools
- Thorough understanding of how to create documents for permitting and construction
- Seasoned in construction management + good working knowledge of typical fabrication methods
- An active interest in design of all kinds (and the world around you)
- Motivated, excited, and able to work with minimal guidance
- Next-level communication and client service skills
- Plays well with others
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Evangelist for unique, responsible, client-focused design
We're looking for a full-time team member, but for the right candidate, we're open to a flexible, remote, part-time, or contract situation.
To apply: Please email your resume, letter of interest, and 5 samples of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.